23 March 2009

Felted Fingerless Gloves


TinkerAndPo

A friend of mine on Ravelry came up with a great idea: Buy old 100% wool sweaters from thrift stores and upcycle (via felting and sewing) them into fingerless gloves and card caches.

TinkerAndPo.etsy.com

From her site

"All of my fingerless gloves/armwarmers are made from repurposed merino wool, angora, cashmere or lambswool sweaters. Because they are felted, the fabric is soft, warm, sturdy, and will not fray."

So, I finally succumbed recently, bought a pair of the fingerless gloves for myself annnnnnd....

I LOVE them! I barely ever take them off, and I'll definitely have to buy another pair for the days when I want shorter ones. They're super soft and toasty warm!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Your gloves look amazing. I wouldn't take them off either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frikkin' love mine. I was able to go out with just those and a scarf in addition to t-shirt and jeans before it warmed up - no jacket! Also, they are good for typing and/or knitting when it's just a little chilly

    ReplyDelete